Business Advisory, Corporate Law and M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions)
Business advisory, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) form the second largest practice area of the Sirel & Partners Law Firm, in addition to dispute resolution. The lawyers of the law firm advise a wide range of clients on a day-to-day basis on more simple and complex issues, in negotiations and disputes. We aim at advising and assisting clients in legal matters in a way that allows them to concentrate more on their day-to-day work rather than on legal details.
The Sirel & Partners Law Firm provides its clients with comprehensive legal assistance in the establishment, management and liquidation of companies and their branches. We help Estonian companies also in expanding their business abroad and foreign companies in organising their business in Estonia.
We advise you on:
- choosing the most suitable type of company
- incorporating a company and on all related legal and documentary procedures
- applying for the registrations you need for running your business
- preparing the documents required for entries in the commercial register (amending the articles of association, business name, seat, members of directing bodies, level of capital, fields of activity, etc.)
- explaining the rights and obligations of the directing bodies and their members
- preparing, conducting and documenting the meetings, including the shareholder meetings, meetings of supervisory and management board
- preparing shareholder agreements
- drafting option contracts
- drafting contracts with a member of the management and supervisory board
- settlement of disputes between the owners
- in negotiations, extrajudicial and judicial proceedings concerning commercial disputes
- liquidation proceedings
We have in-depth knowledge and experience in conducting mergers and acquisitions, carrying out due diligence in the acquiring or acquired company, and drafting transfer agreements of the company or a part of it and all the related legal documentation.
We provide a swift and accurate legal opinion on the need for the control of concentrations (merger review), we represent you in communication with the Competition Authority and prepare all the necessary documentation to apply for the permission to concentrate from the Competition Authority.
Jüri SirelSworn Attorney / Managing Partner
Sworn attorney Jüri Sirel advises clients primarily in matters of financial, commercial and bankruptcy law, the law of obligations and administrative law. Jüri possesses extensive experience representing clients on all levels of the judicial system in civil and administrative disputes, arbitral disputes and precontractual and extra-judicial negotiations.
In addition, Jüri also handles legal consultation of companies in hedging various financial risks, establishing and restructuring companies, competition law, real estate transactions, contractual disputes, and preparing notices of appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. Jüri has played a role in the work of bankruptcy committees in a number of major bankruptcy cases and has represented creditors and debtors in protection of their interests in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings.
Jüri is a managing partner at Sirel & Partners. He is a 2001 cum laude graduate of Concordia International University’s school of law in the field of international, European Union and comparative law. He has obtained further experience as a lecturer on legal topics and taking part in various in-service training and legal work groups.
Jüri has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2002 and a sworn attorney since 2004. Before the founding of Sirel & Partners, he was employed as a lawyer and an attorney at Law Office Leppik & Partners.
Jüri is the Chairman of the Estonian Bar Association Insolvency Law Committee.
Jüri is proficient in both English and Finnish, and in spoken Russian language.