The lawyers of the law firm advise clients on all tax matters and financial law.
We help our clients identify and develop the best legal financing schemes, we carry out legal due diligence and prepare the necessary documents for the implementation of projects. We represent clients in applying for various authorisations and in communication with credit institutions.
We advise clients on:
- drafting different types of contracts (loan contracts, credit contracts, lease contracts, factoring contracts, investment contracts, option contracts, etc.)
- drafting pledge contracts (possessory, commercial pledge and mortgage contract, guarantee, suretyship)
- raising additional capital through a public or private issue of shares or bonds
- conducting offers, the drafting and registering prospectuses and preparing resolutions and minutes of general meetings of shareholders, the company’s supervisory board and management board, in connection therewith
- developing the most reasonable action plans in legal and strategical terms for the collection of debts and realisation of collateral, and representing you in the related negotiations, litigation and enforcement proceedings
- negotiating with the credit and financing institutions
We are also a partner for our clients in matters concerning tax law. The choice of tax strategy is an important issue when planning several transactions, anticipating the tax burden involved and minimising the risk of potential tax disputes.
We advise you on the development of tax strategy, tax planning, tax optimisation, and in the interpretation and application of tax laws and the EU legislation.
We assist you in drafting documents related to tax disputes (challenges, dissenting opinions, complaints, etc.), represent you in disputes before the Tax and Customs Board and in court.
Jüri SirelSworn Attorney / Managing Partner
Sworn attorney Jüri Sirel advises clients primarily in matters of financial, commercial and bankruptcy law, the law of obligations and administrative law. Jüri possesses extensive experience representing clients on all levels of the judicial system in civil and administrative disputes, arbitral disputes and precontractual and extra-judicial negotiations.
In addition, Jüri also handles legal consultation of companies in hedging various financial risks, establishing and restructuring companies, competition law, real estate transactions, contractual disputes, and preparing notices of appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. Jüri has played a role in the work of bankruptcy committees in a number of major bankruptcy cases and has represented creditors and debtors in protection of their interests in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings.
Jüri is a managing partner at Sirel & Partners. He is a 2001 cum laude graduate of Concordia International University’s school of law in the field of international, European Union and comparative law. He has obtained further experience as a lecturer on legal topics and taking part in various in-service training and legal work groups.
Jüri has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2002 and a sworn attorney since 2004. Before the founding of Sirel & Partners, he was employed as a lawyer and an attorney at Law Office Leppik & Partners.
Jüri is the Chairman of the Estonian Bar Association Insolvency Law Committee.
Jüri is proficient in both English and Finnish, and in spoken Russian language.